It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
It is helpful for everybody, whether or not you suffer from anxiety and stress, to know that there are alternatives to drugs. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. They contain potassium, a chemical substance that lowers blood pressure. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. Dark chocolate has more cocoa which contain substances known to relieve stress and induce calmness.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) Increasing your intake of foods rich in folic acid can keep you away from anxiety. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Kefir is a good source of probiotics that keep your gut in good shape.